Transcript Divas Inc. is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data, Privacy, or security and we will gladly assist you.
We realize our clients may be operating across a number of states and even outside of the US. To help clients’ privacy compliance, our processes and our services are designed to aid compliance with the following privacy regulations;
New York Electronic Data Security Act (“SHIELD Act”)
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
And the recently established
Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (CDPA) &
Colorado Privacy Act
As well as the numerous data privacy laws currently in the process of being enacted across most states (see: US State Privacy Legislation Tracker). Our policy also qualifies under the GDPR (the privacy legislation that is currently active in the EU and the UK).
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data do we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Purpose – to provide transcription, captioning and typing-related services.
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations that is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Transcript Divas Inc.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair and transparent. Our processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before processing personal data. We will provide you with information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited by a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of the data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed, what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances, you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases, you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data, for example, in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling, and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw any given consent for the processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with via online forms/emails/live chat etc.
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address, etc. – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to perform other activities or provide your services. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your order information, your IP address, your order history (if there is any), etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- Provide our service to you. This includes, for example, registering your account, providing you with other products and services that you have requested, communicating and interacting with you, and notifying you of changes to any services.
- Enhance your customer experience;
- Fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either about quotes, orders or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers;
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction.
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or the same as your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- for other purposes, we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligations rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized. We save your invoice and billing information, and other tax information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from tax and consumer law, but not longer than 60 days after project completion (nearly all data you have shared with us, including transcripts and recordings) 7 years (invoice related information only – required for tax).
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be an appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases, provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
- Xero Business Accounting Software (invoice information only)
- Google (email and google docs)
- Amazon AWS Servers (encrypted at rest and in transit)
Our business partners:
- Our Accountants & Business Advisors (invoice data, order data, website visits)
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure an adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. Transcript Divas Inc. uses a number of measures to maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the information we collect at this site, in line with the Business Cyber Security Standards set out by the FTC.
- Automatically updated/patched software.
- Data back up.
- Strong passwords.
- Encrypted data – in transit (HTTPS) and at rest.
- Two Factor Authentication.
- Secure WiFi – with strong passwords and WPA2 encryption.
- Team Security training.
- Established Privacy/Security Breach plan.
SYSTEM MONITORING: We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. We use security services to protect the information stored on our systems. These systems are tested regularly to ensure their effectiveness. We use commercial software to monitor traffic and block unauthorized access. Unauthorized attempts to access or change information are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986.
DATA BREACH: Even though we try our best, we can not guarantee the security of information. However, if a breach does occur, we will follow the data breach response process as detailed by the FTC Data Breach Response Guide and notify the suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
The website and our services may contain or link to other sites that are beyond our control and may not follow our privacy and security. Once you leave our site you are subject to the policies of that site and service.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) governs information gathered online from or about children under the age of 13. We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies / other technologies used
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms, so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
You can remove cookies stored on your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Name: Andrew Dodson
Tollfree Phone: (888) 494-8474
Name: Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
Address: 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20580
Phone: (202) 326-2222
The last modification was made
August 17, 2022.